View Single Post
Old 07-20-2012, 12:35 PM   #53
ThePhantasm
The Shadow Knows

Default Re: Fear. Chaos. Pain. Vote for your favorite Nolan Batfilm!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yurka View Post
It just felt completely unnecessary to me. No need for the Robin reference, other than to excite Robin fans.

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
Blake receiving the coordinates, then heading towards the waterfall as John Blake, would have left me much happier. It would have instilled a sense that it's "Batman" that continues on, and not the possibility of Robin instead. The other thought behind the Robin reference, is that Blake respects Bruce and "Batman" too much to simply replace him, so he'll take on his own entity as "Robin", and that put a horrible taste in my mouth as a way to end this franchise.
I agree with you on that. Time will tell how much it affects my view of the film, but overall I was pleased with the story and how Bruce's story in particular was wrapped up. That and all the Knightfall stuff was incredible. John Blake did feel like a bit of an unnecessary character to me... for me his most important scene was his first one with Bruce. That was good stuff.

But yeah, I can understand how that ending would sour the film for you Yurka, though I'm bummed to hear that.

Im done. Im leaving this website. I promise i will not be spiderman or attempt to be. I have a ral careerr to fulfill. Please don NOT tell anyone about this. I would appreciate if you all kept this a secret.
ThePhantasm is offline   Reply With Quote