View Single Post
Old 07-20-2012, 12:49 PM   #101
spideymouse
Side-Kick

Default Re: Who would you let Joss Whedon kill in Avengers 2?

Quote:
Originally Posted by the great thor View Post
please dont tell me hawkeye did more or was more important than cap. i really hope you are not suggesting that. i mean when all the marvel movies have in some form or fashion been about or connected to capt, i really cant believe you would down play capt role to hawkeye. i guess the military was wrong to spend untold money and time chaseing after a perfect super-soldier when, hey wait a minute we just need a very good bowmen. what i am saying is if i had to pick between capt and hawkeye in regards to a must have in that battle, well lets see i think i would go with the super-soldier with a enormous amount of war experience and leadership ability to a human being with really good aim.
No, he wasn't saying Hawkeye was more important than Cap. He was just saying that Hawkeye was an important part of the battle. He
  • Advised Cap that there were many civilians in the buildings, and proceeded to cover Cap's back as he ran to tell the police to get them out and create a perimeter,
  • Helped a bunch of people get to safety,
  • Gave Iron Man some solid advice about the Chitauri's hovercrafts not being able to bank worth a damn (allowing Iron Man to rid of a bunch of them faster),
  • Shot the arrow that exploded and knocked Loki off his hovercraft and sent him falling into Stark's penthouse (setting up Hulk's famous scene), which also allowed Black Widow to get to the portal safely, and
  • Yeah, he shot a bunch of aliens dead.
No, of course Hawkeye isn't MORE important than Cap, but he was an important part of the battle. He was a great team player.

spideymouse is offline   Reply With Quote