View Single Post
Old 07-20-2012, 07:39 PM   #15
Lord
All Mighty

Default Re: First Class Sequel Countdown

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoungPrime View Post
Who said they all had to team up...?

You're obviously missing the bigger picture here. Because of Fox we'll never see the Shiar, Annihilus or Silver Surfer in a Gaurdian's based "Annihilation movie" which on that scale could rival anything George Lucas has done in the last 10 years. Plus you and I both know that Fox doesn't know what to do with any of those characters. And because of Sony, we'll never see Norman Osborn lead a "Dark Avengers team" on the big screen. Or how about Iron man taking on a team of Doom bots in a short cameo??? The possibilities would be endless if Marvel had all of it's rights back. Sadly Dare Devil is going to end up like The Ghost Rider and The Punisher as long as he's in Fox's back pocket.

And despite your blind faith in Singer. I feel that we've seen the limit of what that Studio can or will do with this franchise... Sure you can't go wrong with characters like Magneto but what about the rest? Their backwards continuity has ruined the entrance for other X-men characters. But I'm sure that wont stop them from shoehorning them all in there at some point but that just doesn't sit well with me as an X-men fan. I think they deserve better.

Maybe it's just me who can see a more potential if these lost Marvel characters where with Disney. But I know for Galactus's sake it couldn't possibly be any worse....
I never said anything about the Fantastic Four, in fact i allways believed that franchise and it's characters belonged to Marvel Studios. But above all what i'm looking more for is a good movie, Fox does seem to know what they want with the X-Men franchise and i don't have a blind faith in Bryan Singer, that assumption is just silly

I didn't read Anihilation yet so i can't say anything about that but in the last 20 years there have been a lot of movies in the scale of Star Wars, even 2001: A Space Odyssey which preceded it was bigger in scale, it's just it's popularity that was one of a kind when it first appeared, now there are so many big franchise that it's probably impossible to have such an impact as Star Wars has back then.

X-Men films continuity is right now very strange but i considered First Class a kind of new begining for the franchise, the sequel even seems to be being based on Days of Future Past and to redeem the timelines but we'll see.

And with team-ups i meant that i like the X-Men universe more as it's oun universe without references to the rest of the Marvel Universe, the comics have sometimes done this in the past years, some times it seems like it's oun universe with its oun problems.

And a shared universe can be a drag, directors will have to follow Marvel's plan and will have some restrictions to what they can do in terms of scale, why do you think that Nolan wanted The Dark Knight Rises to be his last Batman film and his universe to not include Superman or any other superhero for that mather?

Not saying it doesn't have its advanteges, but you can't deny that there are also many disadvantages and things that may turn some good directors off the project, one example is Edgar Wright's Ant-Man which has potencial of being great but because it's supposed to be set in the MCU, his original ideas to make his oun thing is in danger.

I don't have a blind faith in Bryan Singer, he didn't develop all the characters as he could have, but you seem to have a blind faith Marvel Studios

Plenty of male-led action films fail, yet the actors' gender is not blamed. Why should it be different for women? Especially since far more male-led action films are made than female-led action films?
~*SHH SIX*~

Last edited by Lord; 07-20-2012 at 08:05 PM.
Lord is online now   Reply With Quote