View Single Post
Old 07-22-2012, 12:13 PM   #106
DACrowe
Side-Kick

Default Re: Clearing up the ending of TDKR (MUST READ)

Quote:
Originally Posted by db85usa View Post
This is why endings like this frustrate me. It didn't feel concrete once the credits hit I was more or less like... That's it? That's how the legend ends?! And you're left brainstorming and guessing about too many things all at once. After
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
Blake rises from the platform
How could we ever know what happens afterwards? Everything is left for our own interpretation. It's aggravating to say the least.
No, it's the beauty of it. "The Dark Knight rises" at the end. I like how in all three movies Nolan has taken the idea of a "Bat-family" (though with more emphasis on people like Gordon, Fox, Alfred, Dent and Rachel Dawes than the usual members of the comics) and pushed it to the point where Bruce just can't be Batman. Batman is a construct of a group of civilians, a community, trying to take their city back. "It takes a village...." and all that.

Even though Bruce is gone the city may still need it. So, another will rise to the occasion. Do we have to see how. No, because Bruce's story is done and leave it to the imagination to fill in the rest.

--John Adams
DACrowe is offline   Reply With Quote