View Single Post
Old 07-25-2012, 03:06 AM   #55
DaveMoral
Side-Kick

Default Re: The Batsuit Master Thread - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by HUMANIMAL View Post

I think the legs on that are just as much of a cluster-F as they are on the TDK suit.

Honestly, I think using the CA Avengers suit is a good starting point. Stop trying to force Batman to look artificially muscled because(and this is the only logic behind this from 89 to now) we don't have a fabric that can properly show off every muscle the way Batman appears in comics. I don't think that is necessary at all. Besides which, it works better for Superman IMO. So what they've done with MOS is great... for Superman.

What I want from Batman is to look at Kane's and Sprang's eras and thus the Timm-verse design and use that as an inspiration for how to let Batman look. He's a big guy, but he's wearing protective materials that are fabric based. Nothing molded and sculpted to look like a bare human torso. Just let him look like a Golden and Silver age body shape i n the suit while using convincing design and materials that it appears to be protective.

The manip of the CA suit is the best thing I've seen yet and accomplishes just that. It gave Cap a classic Kirby look, which is basically the same as Kane's and Sprang's style for Batman. It makes for an interesting visual variance juxtaposed with Superman too, IMO. And GL for that matter.