View Single Post
Old 07-25-2012, 09:32 AM   #69
Reikowolf
Hyperphotonic

Default Re: TDKR SPOILERS (read at your own risk) - Part 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broker View Post
I don't think so, but that's just my personal opinion. You are entitled to yours equally.

There's always an element looking back with rose tinted glasses, of course, but when watching TASM I felt that many of the 2002 origin scenes, such as where Peter is bitten or where he first becomes aware of his new abilities, were superior.
I was of the same mind. My argument was founded on how poorly Green Lantern was received. It very much followed the same format as the first Raimi Spider-Man, which was fine in 2002; but TDK was a game changer for the comic book genre.

To that end, I view TASM as parallel to begins, a great starting point and can go so many interesting and great places with the character and mythology (IMHO it's like the Ultimate Universe Anyway)

My only real grievance is how they should have tied it to Avengers, especially with the Crane scene... would it not make a lot of sense if the cranes were their because they were rebuilding Manhattan after the events of Avengers??

see it now:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mk_Lj8ty2tA

@hyperphotonic
Reikowolf is offline   Reply With Quote