View Single Post
Old 07-25-2012, 04:02 PM   #111
kvz5
HBIC
SHH! Moderator

Default Re: TDKR SPOILERS (read at your own risk) - Part 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by BatLobsterRises View Post
I look at it this way...Bruce was being a bit emo to fake his death and not even tell Alfred the truth. But they had a very bitter goodbye and things were not left on a good note between them. It's one of those deals where it might have been awkward to pick up the phone. If you've ever went a long time without speaking to a parent or someone very close to you after a fight, this rings very, very true.

But in the end, time heals all wounds and when Bruce finally is able to forgive Alfred, he does so in spectacular fashion. That was probably the single happiest moment of Alfred's life.
Pretty much. I mean, it might've even taken time for Bruce to recover physically after the blast. Also, he probably didn't even know where or how to contact Alfred since Alfred left (I know, I know, he's Batman but still...)? Maybe the cafe thing is the only way he knew possible to reach him.

I'm more sad that the two will likely not cross paths again after the cafe scene. That's what Alfred said earlier that they'd go their separate ways but I'd like to imagine that they'd still contact each other every now and then.

kvz5 is offline   Reply With Quote