View Single Post
Old 07-26-2012, 06:23 AM   #13
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Default Re: When will Avengers 2 come out?

Quote:
Originally Posted by I'm Venom View Post
Iron Man 3 arrives May 2013. Thor 2 is November 2013. Captain America 2 is April 2014. They have nothing officially scheduled after that.

I still want The Incredible Hulk 2, or we can have Iron Man 3, Banner teams up with Stark as a scientist on breakthroughs, but for the final battle, there's a need for both Hulk and Iron Man together. Doubt that'll happen, since Iron Man can carry the whole thing, but it would be a good fit for Banner/Hulk if they're not confident about him helming a whole movie on his own merits. I'd like to see at least a few friendships forged without ignoring what happened in these movies only to have them reunite for a sequel.

I feel putting more than six leads in the next film would be a mistake. The film seems packed with storylines; any more, and you run into problems.
By the time TA2 comes out in either 2015 or 2016 (any later than that, and nobody's even going to be paying attention anymore), there will be *several* major new players in the MCU. Even we don't know exactly who, or how many. But they WILL be there. And general audiences will be EXPECTING them to join the Avengers, because that's what the Avengers do, in both the comics and the movie(s).

You run into far MORE problems if TA2 comes out after all that, and you try to dig up just the same six characters from TA1 instead of spicing it up with all the new blood.

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
cherokeesam is offline   Reply With Quote