View Single Post
Old 07-30-2012, 09:03 AM   #27
spideymouse
Side-Kick

Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - Part 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvel_freshman View Post
Not sure I'd wanna see Balder. The thing that has me concerned about Thor 2, is the same thing I didn't like about the first movie. And that's not having much for the supporting cast to do...other than be there. I understand that Thor is the main character, but I felt Sif, the Warriors Three and Frigga got the short end of the stick.

And assuming more characters will be added in Thor 2, I just hope they get a handle of things. It's funny the first movie's script worked, but things just fell through in the editing department.
It will take a killer script and probably a longer running time to achieve the greater ensemble piece that fans want. I do wonder if Marvel will ever branch out with 2 1/2 hour or longer movies. Hopefully IM3 will break that mold (especially if it is looking for a more epic feel with the Mandarin finally arriving), and Thor: The Dark World right behind it. Unfortunately, I do expect that MS will continue to keep their running times down for their solo films. That said, I think this quote from Idris Elba in an interview with MTV speaks to some of your concerns:
Quote:
Whats more involved is who the Asgardians are. I think well see a sense of that. Its a huge film, Thor 2, but I also think its micro in a way that you start to look at people, who they are a little bit more.