View Single Post
Old 07-30-2012, 10:40 AM   #29
ThePhantasm
The Shadow Knows

Default Re: Unintentionally Funny Moments in The Dark Knight Rises

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigdbfan View Post
Wasn't that supposed to be intentionally funny though? In both of my screenings the entire audience laughed at that scene.

I will admit that it's pretty jarring to put a lighthearted/comical scene like that right after that emotionally intense argument they had.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3-D View Post
I found that scene odd more than anything. I know it's meant to be funny. But I still think it was an odd editing choice to have Bruce seem surprised that Alfred is gone directly after a huge, emotional scene where they both acknowledge that Alfred is leaving.
I thought it was realistic. When you have an argument with someone and tell them to leave, sometimes that is just the heat of the moment... you don't actually expect or want them to leave. I think Bruce was genuinely surprised that Alfred actually followed through and left.

Im done. Im leaving this website. I promise i will not be spiderman or attempt to be. I have a ral careerr to fulfill. Please don NOT tell anyone about this. I would appreciate if you all kept this a secret.
ThePhantasm is offline   Reply With Quote