View Single Post
Old 07-30-2012, 11:18 AM   #28
marvel_freshman
Side-Kick

Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - Part 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by spideymouse View Post
It will take a killer script and probably a longer running time to achieve the greater ensemble piece that fans want. I do wonder if Marvel will ever branch out with 2 1/2 hour or longer movies. Hopefully IM3 will break that mold (especially if it is looking for a more epic feel with the Mandarin finally arriving), and Thor: The Dark World right behind it. Unfortunately, I do expect that MS will continue to keep their running times down for their solo films. That said, I think this quote from Idris Elba in an interview with MTV speaks to some of your concerns:
That does relax some concerns, and indicate that the script is on point. But like you say, I do think Marvel should loosen up with their run-times. In past interviews, Feige commented on the matter saying that it all comes down to what keeps the story moving...and that they don't set out for a specific run. To me that sorta means, "it's all about the story...F--- the little characters."

With The Avengers being so successful and their longest movie, 143 minutes, I'm hoping they consider 'The more the better.'