View Single Post
Old 07-30-2012, 11:55 AM   #96
Gggg
New User - Level 0

Default Re: Batman Begins is the greatest Batman Film to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex Moon View Post
Hi Peeps.

To me, the first Batman from Tim Burton is the quintessial Batman movie.

Only the Animated Series zsurpasses it but when it comes to "live" flicks, Burton is on top.

Then, out of the three Nolan ones, Batman Begins is EASILY the BEST "Batman" Movie".

Why ?

For many reasons but mainly for the (keyword here) Batman

It's the one Dark Knight flick that focuses the most on The Caped Crusader himself .

It's the first and last true "origin story" for this super hero and it's an amazing journey from Gotham to Asia to Gotham City again.

It's definitively the ultimate "Bruce Wayne" Flick as well.

To me , the best Batman experience has to be about The Caped Crusader himself first and foremost.

TDK gave way too much importance to the villain and I was appaled to see how people were considering The Joker as the legit "hero" of this one...

TDR is also about Bane more than Batman himself.

And I Don't find a frickin terrorist appealing the slightest.

What I truly loved on BB is also the use of two villains which were never ever used in a Batman live stuff .

Especially The Scarecrow.

I love the fact that the villain uses the Arkham Asylum as his main target to weakness Batman and Gotham as a whole.

The "fear" factor is also a huge plus to me.

I love the mysticism of some images and scenes on it, I love how Batman is DOMINANT.

He is the one in charge, he is the one who kicks asses and he is the one winning and standing TALL in the end.

That's how any super hero movie should be as far as I'm concerned.

Let's add ninjas (who doesn't like Ninjas ?) into the mix and some beautiful photography and stages and you get a movie that is, indeed, a masterpiece.

BB is, for me, the one Nolan's Batman that can stand multiple viewings and It never gets old .

Last but not least, it's also the only one of the three where I can stand Bale's voice as The Dark Knight.

It works well on BB while it's extremely irritating and annoying on the other two (where he sounds like a guy with a serious case of asthma).

Batman Begins >>> TDK + TDR
rating batman movies is subjective and thus no one is wrong but from a writers point of view TDK would have to be the best film followed by TDR and just behind BB the reason being the following

in any battle for divinity i.E good vs bad or superhero analogies the villain sets the plot and thus is the base of the story, yes the good guy needs to be defined but the bad guy even if its not implied is the main character as he sets the tempo and also provides a drastic change from the norm

in shakespeare play Othello, iago was the main character

in spiderman who ever is the respective villain in the episode is the main character but usually venom

in batman its joker: the jokers character is the best defined and also sets a drastic confusion about true motivation i. E the jokers reason for existing is as a counter effect to batman, to challenge batman to bet batman but not to kill him the ultimate battle of order vs chaos

ill leave TDR up to you, BB is a drama to an extent as it is a self realisation journey and not much of a superhero plot exept Ras whos reasons are an awsome plot establishment which worked for 2 movies TDR and BB

that would have to make TDK the best movie

look at it this way: when a cop arrests a women who murdered her husband would you be interested in why the cop arrested her or why she killed her husband you might be interested in how the cop arrested her but thats a sherlock holmes plot

batman is joker

Gggg is offline   Reply With Quote