View Single Post
Old 07-30-2012, 03:33 PM   #37
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Default Re: Disney/Marvel & ABC working on Avengers spin-off tv show?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AvengeME View Post
Yes. That is exactly how you would approach this. Normal characters, most of whom aren't even in the comic books. Supporting players of supporting heroes in the MCU. That way you remove any and all expectations of seeing major characters and big action sequences.

Spider-Woman or Ms. Marvel (no super powers) are about the highest I would go as far as top of the line Marvel heroes featured on a weekly basis. TV shows cater very much to the female demo and this is a good way to get those characters exposure. Being that Marvel hasn't had a street level hero featured as of yet (other than Punisher), I think Luke Cage/Heroes for Hire can definitely be a major mation picture if not a franchise, albeit with a much smaller budget. No reason why that can't be something a notch below Fast and the Furious as a franchise. Probably won't ever be as popular as that, but still pretty damn good.
WTF???

Who out there, besides you, would give two ****s about a show about mundane, non-superpowered, non-"name" SUPPORTING characters from the Marvel Universe....???

I mean, what's the point, man?

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014