View Single Post
Old 07-31-2012, 01:47 AM   #38
DoomsdayApex
Ćzrael "Fallen Angel" X.

Default Re: How long before the fan community turns on the Nolan films?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Samson View Post
I actually think the sequel is going to be better, which is going to make the first one more susceptible to criticism people don't want to hear right now. A good number of fans got tired of hearing how great TDK was for 4 years straight, they were waiting to hold something, anything, else up and say "Look! this is good too."
I've never been a fan of Whedon's style for storytelling. In fact, I find Joss' stories to be overrated. It's his characters that tend to capture my attention and heart. For instance, I disliked Firefly/Serenity but I was captivated by his characters.

The Avengers was the first Whedon product that I enjoyed, but after my third viewing of the film I couldn't conjure the strength to see it again. The story was just so flat. It'll be interesting to see how he handles a more small-scale film for Avengers 2.

Henry Cavill: The Ultimate Man-Crush
(Move on over Tom Hardy)

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
Quote:
Oldman: "Wow, this is it."

Nolan: [facetiously] "Yeah. [pause] Unless you want to whore your ass out for a load of money for ‘Batman 4."
Quote:
Nolan: "I've gotta pee. It's a two pee movie. I need to make a shorter movie next time."
Quote:

Nolan: "Oh, it's on. Here Emma, hold my vest."
DoomsdayApex is offline   Reply With Quote