View Single Post
Old 07-31-2012, 01:56 AM   #39
Doc Samson
Superhero Psychiatrist

Default Re: How long before the fan community turns on the Nolan films?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoomsdayApex View Post
I've never been a fan of Whedon's style for storytelling. In fact, I find Joss' stories to be overrated. It's his characters that tend to capture my attention and heart. For instance, I disliked Firefly/Serenity but I was captivated by his characters.

The Avengers was the first Whedon product that I enjoyed, but after my third viewing of the film I couldn't conjure the strength to see it again. The story was just so flat. It'll be interesting to see how he handles a more small-scale film for Avengers 2.
I know that's what he wants, but I don't know if he'll have that option. Marvel has shown a propensity to discontinue work with any and everybody. I feel like they won't think anything but bigger will be better for Avengers 2. If that's the case, Joss is either gonna have to play ball, or possibly get replaced. At one time, Jon Favreau was the golden boy too. And while he could've came back for IM3, reading between the lines, I think he grew tired quickly with Marvel's input.

"I don't give a **** what you say. If I go out there and miss game winners, and people say, 'Kobe choked, or Kobe is seven for whatever in pressure situations,' Well, **** you. Because I don't play for your ******* approval. I play for my own love and enjoyment of the game. And to win. That's what I play for."
- Kobe Bryant

"As of right now, I don't know what he do good, cause what may work on another fighter is not gonna work on me."

- Floyd Mayweather
Doc Samson is offline   Reply With Quote