View Single Post
Old 07-31-2012, 02:14 AM   #42
DACrowe
Side-Kick

Default Re: How long before the fan community turns on the Nolan films?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandalore464 View Post
Actually I'm expecting the opposite when a new director is announced for the next franchise...

Some kind of "No one will ever top Nolan". Until the next movie comes out at least, and the new guy either proves himself worthy or proves the haters right.

But let's not be half-empty glass guys here... A lot of movies actually get more praise as time passes.
I agree that truly good films only become more obviously so as time passes. And I do think that those who look back at films that defined the 2000s or the post-9/11 and Bush War on Terror years, TDK is going to be a benchmark for the level of dread, paranoia and even moral ambiguity about the "good guys'" tactics it permeated throughout the film. Plus, Ledger's performance will go down as one of the all-time greats.

BUT, I'm talking about the fan community. The majority turns on everything eventually. If it happened to Donner, Raimi, Singer and Burton (majority, not all fans), it will happen to Nolan.

At this point it is more bemusing and entertaining to me. Especially because I do think the second one is a definitive rendering of the character on film.

--John Adams
DACrowe is offline   Reply With Quote