View Single Post
Old 07-31-2012, 02:21 AM   #45
Doc Samson
Superhero Psychiatrist

Default Re: How long before the fan community turns on the Nolan films?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSYLENTGuardian View Post
I don't remember people turning on Bryan Singer's first X-Men or X-Men 2 when Matthew Vaughn came around. X-Men 3 and XMO: Wolverine, on the other hand. Even though that latter two have always had a majority against them.
I'm actually of the mind that the first X-men was a bit overrated. I know I loved it when it came out, but it just doesn't hold up now. Really the whole trilogy, it's more Wolverine & Friends, then X-men. I think it's the rare case that the new director really did revamp things for the better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoomsdayApex View Post
To Marvel Studios, Joss is expendable if he refuses to play ball (despite what fans say), I agree. Whedon wasn't even their first choice for director. He was only hired because he came cheap. It wouldn't be surprising if Whedon walked away. Marvel Studios has pissed off alot talent in the past.
Oh for sure. I respect what they've done, the cinematic universe. It was different and worked to a certain extent. But eventually, talented directors won't want to have the studio over their back, and they'll just want to make whatever standalone film they wish to make.

"I don't give a **** what you say. If I go out there and miss game winners, and people say, 'Kobe choked, or Kobe is seven for whatever in pressure situations,' Well, **** you. Because I don't play for your ******* approval. I play for my own love and enjoyment of the game. And to win. That's what I play for."
- Kobe Bryant

"As of right now, I don't know what he do good, cause what may work on another fighter is not gonna work on me."

- Floyd Mayweather

Last edited by Doc Samson; 07-31-2012 at 02:24 AM.
Doc Samson is offline   Reply With Quote