View Single Post
Old 07-31-2012, 02:53 AM   #49
Doc Samson
Superhero Psychiatrist

Default Re: How long before the fan community turns on the Nolan films?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackFox View Post
Oh if it hasn't already happened it will. However there's always room for different interpretations of Batman. Just like there are numerous different takes in the comic scene why not with movies. I shall give any other version a chance, but its going to take something very VERY special to eclipse this trilogy and even if it does I willl still enjoy this one for years to come as it will always be the first GREAT comic book trilogy of all time in my eye's and nothing can change that.

If you consider yourself to be a fan of the trilogy then to me that will never change, I will always be a fan of it!
Very true. I still hold B89 in a very special place. It was my first ever VHS tape as a kid (Ironically, TDK prompted me to take the Bluray plunge.) I played that VHS until it broke lol. Literally. I can probably quote that movie almost verbatim. BR I feel is a good Burton movie as I grew to like it more than I did when I was young, it's just not a good Batman film. I even like BF well enough. There's definitely room for different interpretations. I actually think the best way for DC to go is a complete comic translation, cloth suit and all. It's never been done big screen, and opens up the filmmaker to a whole new avenue to exploit.

That being said, almost every wish I've ever had for Batman came true with Nolan's trilogy, one way or another. They definitely need to let this franchise breath for a little.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoomsdayApex View Post
Yep. Marvel Studios had to do they did to succeed, but in the process they've pushed actors and directors away. Whedon can go wherever he wants now and get a studio's blessing after his work on The Avengers. What director doesn't dream of complete creative freedom?
Exactly, it's going to be a hard reputation to get rid of after awhile. Sooner or later, all the good directors might have their "superhero" fix as it is, with 3-4 movies coming out every year. Over-saturation, lack of creative control, these are all reasons to enjoy this era of comic flicks now. I have a feeling things are going to change sooner rather than later. IMO, it might not be a bad thing either. I'd prefer to get 1 or 2 quality movies a year as opposed to 3 or 4 mediocre ones.

"I don't give a **** what you say. If I go out there and miss game winners, and people say, 'Kobe choked, or Kobe is seven for whatever in pressure situations,' Well, **** you. Because I don't play for your ******* approval. I play for my own love and enjoyment of the game. And to win. That's what I play for."
- Kobe Bryant

"As of right now, I don't know what he do good, cause what may work on another fighter is not gonna work on me."

- Floyd Mayweather

Last edited by Doc Samson; 07-31-2012 at 03:33 AM.
Doc Samson is offline   Reply With Quote