View Single Post
Old 07-31-2012, 01:59 PM   #74
KalMart
239-Bean Irish Chili

Default Re: How long did Nolans Batman actually fight crime?(SPOILERS)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DACrowe View Post
A 6 year absence is still pretty long.
They decided to make it 8. It's a good length because it doesn't quite put Wayne substantially past 40 so he has some physical gas left to do the job, but it close enough to a decade which is a right away a solid benchmark of time to pass to make that time away significant.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DACrowe View Post
Most people miss Bruce only became a recluse three years prior to TDKR, not eight. I am just saying logically the Dent ACt would not change things overnight and Bruce has injuries in TDKR he did not have at the end of TDK and has a batcave he did not have at the end of TDK. So, fans can think what they want in that regard.
Here's the thing....the movie itself indicates that he was gone, for all intents and purposes, from being Batman for eight years, starting the night that Dent died. Whether or not they did that 'logically' enough is up to your tastes et al, but the actual story/movie that they made had him absent the whole time. We can like or not like how it was done, but it is what's there and what's intended....with other possibilities only being what-if's on our part. It wasn't meant to be eft up to interpretation of leave openings for that possibility.

You may feel that it should have been some more time of him being Batman, I may feel that the 8 yr absence was a good idea that wasn't quite executed well enough...but either way, Batman absolutely was inactive for the full eight years as per this story. I do think you're acknowledging that distinction, but it is a distinction between what fans can imagine, and what the story intends to present. And I think it revolves more around what some Bat-fans specifically see their favorite character as, than the internal 'logic' the story presents..which itself is fine as long as you're just not inherently opposed to the concept.

Plus, is the infatuation that teenage girls have with pseudo-vampires any less sad than your infatuation with men in spandex and Heath Ledger? Its probably more justifiable for them. :)
KalMart is offline   Reply With Quote