View Single Post
Old 07-31-2012, 03:54 PM   #82
The Guard
Side-Kick

Default Re: How long before the fan community turns on the Nolan films?

I think the allusion to other franchises being "turned on" is a bit hyperbolic. It doesn't happen "all or nothing" like that.

I don't see how pointing out legitimate flaws is "turning on" a director. Christopher Nolan's Batman franchise has had some key strengths, and some key weaknesses, as an adaption, from pretty much Day One.

There's a way to approach analyzing his films in a bit more balanced manner than "I love it" or "I hate it", but since most fans seem to think in black and white terms, that doesn't happen very often.

Any "backlash" that occurs will occur because of existing issues that people have started, as a whole, to recognize after the "luster" of something new wears off.
But I think people will still largely enjoy this franchise and its high points.

Quote:
All i know is the entire Internet was "drinking the koolaide" in 2005 after eight years of absence following the heartbreaking "film" that was Batman & Robin. Then in 2008
No they weren't. Fans HATED a lot of what was shown from BATMAN BEGINS until the first trailer. People *****ed about the suit being rubber again, The Tumbler's design and name and lack of bat-motif, The Scarecrow, the inclusion of Rachel Dawes, differences in the comics, etc, etc, etc. It took a while for people to "come around" with BEGINS.

And if I'm right
The future's looking bright
A symbol in the skies at night
The Guard is offline   Reply With Quote