View Single Post
Old 07-31-2012, 04:34 PM   #85
VM1138
Side-Kick

Default Re: How long before the fan community turns on the Nolan films?

The contrarian culture we have means it's already happening.

Dane Cook did a skit where he basically said people should have realized in the first 25 minutes that TDKR was garbage. Yeah, it's a joke, but seriously? I know some people prefer TDK or BB, but objectively I see no way that TDKR could be a BAD movie. Not to mention people love it and it's making tons of cash.

It's our modern culture. With media 24/7 people get attention by trashing anything popular. It happened with Avengers. It happened with Avatar. Even TDK had some people who bashed it, and they will only get louder as the years go on. Even The Godfather has bashers.

I think it's pretty fair to say that, like them or not, The Dark Knight Trilogy was remarkably consistent in quality. Nolan himself, getting so popular, naturally is developing an anti-Nolan crowd. Everything that goes up must come down.

But whatever they say, I look around at everyone I know and they all (with the exception of maybe two people) love the entire trilogy and loved TDKR. And that's a wide variety of people. And I look at how TDK impacted culture, and the hype around TDKR and it's hard to argue that the TDK trilogy was not a major cinematic accomplishment in popularity and critical acclaim.

VM1138 is offline   Reply With Quote