View Single Post
Old 07-31-2012, 05:13 PM   #91
Doc Samson
Superhero Psychiatrist

Default Re: How long before the fan community turns on the Nolan films?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BatLegend View Post
You are by FAR my favorite poster on these forums by quite a margin. You always keep it real, no pretense, no sensitivity.

I'm not nostalgic to any one vision just because I grew up with it, see Burton's Batman. And make no mistake, yes people jump on the new thing HYPE bandwagon quite often ... but there are the overly fond "nostalgia warriors" as well who defend something even if clearly inferior quality ...

It happens all the time. To heightened extents on SHH. Iron Man 2 was supposedly clearly better than Iron Man on the Marvel boards the 2nd it came out.

Even though to anyone with a brain it was clearly inferior to the original.

I'm already seeing it with TDK Rises. And trust me, I'm a fan of the movie ... but its still way too sloppy and clunky in parts and inferior to TDK for me to lump something so easily over it just because its new.
Wow. Really? Thanks, I'm about to get sentimental and blush

I agree with your post though. I think there's a fine line between general criticism and outright contrarian hate. I believe TDKR is probably the best "#3" of any comic trilogy. I also think it has it's issues, and had they been ironed out, it could've possibly been a masterpiece.

That being said, there's a segment of people who staunchly defend the indefensible, which in turn makes the critique shouted even louder, and it just goes back and forth. Personally, I don't see how anyone could sensibly call any of Nolan's films terrible, Batman or otherwise, but to each his own. On the same token, TDKR had some problems, in my estimation, more than the other two movies did, or at least, in bigger quantities.

I assume if we ever do get a straight comic Batman adaptation, a large number of fans will clamor to it just for the aesthetic, no matter how good or bad the film is. I, for one, would like to see it myself. Honestly, I think it's the only way to go to be fresh. They've done the black rubber suit to death. Let's finally see how the comic Batman in all his glory translates to the big screen. Then we can really have some discussions around here...

"I don't give a **** what you say. If I go out there and miss game winners, and people say, 'Kobe choked, or Kobe is seven for whatever in pressure situations,' Well, **** you. Because I don't play for your ******* approval. I play for my own love and enjoyment of the game. And to win. That's what I play for."
- Kobe Bryant

"As of right now, I don't know what he do good, cause what may work on another fighter is not gonna work on me."

- Floyd Mayweather

Last edited by Doc Samson; 07-31-2012 at 05:17 PM.
Doc Samson is offline   Reply With Quote