View Single Post
Old 07-31-2012, 07:44 PM   #53
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - Part 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chewy View Post
Thor's lineage is kind of irrelevant to the overall narrative, to be honest
In my honest opinion, I wouldn’t think it is entirely.

Now granted, I may be new to the Thor universe.lol, but from what I’ve read, there’s potential to be used for Thor’s own journey in the MCU.

I don’t think any real angst will result in the way that it did for Loki when he had discovered his real lineage, but I do think that certain actions may be taken by Thor if he is to learn that he has a different mother altogether, let alone one that is a elder god of Earth.

It could further motivate his desire to move to and be stationed more on Earth rather than staying in Asgard for most of his time, which could eventually create that conflict where the other Asgardians bring up the issue on how he seemingly cares for Earth more than he does of Asgard.

Then, if what I read is true, the character of “The Other” in The Avengers was actually based off of a character in the comics that is linked with the elder gods as well, further cementing a potential deeper link between Thor and Thanos, who is sure to become a Major antagonist for the entire MCU.