View Single Post
Old 07-31-2012, 08:01 PM   #427
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?

Default Re: Characters you'd like to see in future Avengers movies?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chewy View Post
Even if you add a dozen hugely powerful heroes, they wouldn't be able to beat Thanos through brute force. I really think that's the wrong way of looking at it. They have to beat him through other means.

And Hawkeye and Widow may not be all that powerful, but that's the point. They're the regular people, the humans, amongst all these gods and aliens and monsters. A team of Thor and Hulk and 6 of Marvel's other most powerful heroes would be boring as sin. You need the different perspectives, the different capabilities, the different strengths and weaknesses, the different personalities.

Plus, knowing you amount to essentially nothing and still giving every ounce you have is in some ways a more heroic act than slinging your awesome hammer at a bad guy's face or blasting them with your awesome suit of armor. That's a theme Whedon's explored in some of his other work that really seems to strike a chord with him. (And would tie in perfectly with one of the two nobly sacrificing their life at some point.)
I'm just saying they wouldn't realistically be of use against "Thanos" hilmself, I'm not saying they don't belong on The Avengers at all.

Chill bro, you're taking what I said the wrong way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by I'm Venom View Post
There's nothing in the US arsenal that could harm Thanos. This dude takes blasts from the Surfer full in the face without flinching.
Exactly, I'm glad someone understands where I'm coming from.

Captain America - Because I can hear it.
Spider-Man - Hear what?
Captain America - ....thunder
*cue Thor's grand entrance*

Last edited by BigThor; 07-31-2012 at 08:19 PM.
BigThor is offline   Reply With Quote