View Single Post
Old 08-01-2012, 10:21 AM   #67
spideymouse
Side-Kick

Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - Part 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chewy View Post
I think it would be seen as kind of corny if both Red Skull and Bucky resurfaced in Cap's life at around the same time. In my mind it was one or the other for Cap 2.
Well, wouldn't Bucky technically have been resurfacing every few years or so from WWII to the present? The only reason he's be "resurfacing at this point in Cap's life" is that Cap was asleep until the present, of course.

As for Red Skull, the fact that Thor: The Dark World will be journeying through other parts of the Nine Realms presents a perfect opportunity to address Red Skull's whereabouts, even if it's only via an end-credits scene. If anything, it would be a smoother transition from a Thor movie to a Cap movie than somehow showing a completely unrelated Bucky tease after the credits of T:TDW.

I guess after watching CA:TFA again recently, I'm hoping for Red Skull's return sooner than later. I would really love for them to better characterize him as Cap's rival and archenemy, not as the dude who ran from the SSR every time they showed up.