View Single Post
Old 08-02-2012, 08:52 AM   #62
SuperT
Boom Shaka Laka

Default Re: Actors from original trilogy on First Class sequel with Days of Future Past

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banshee View Post
If they do use characters from the previous franchise, why does it have to involve time travel? In fact, I can tell you right now it probably wont. Expect some mystery-adventure style plot following clues from destiny's diaries, while scenes of the future and the past are intercut. While the x-men in the past are figuring stuff out, the consequences lead to events unfolding in the future. It keeps the spirit of the comic, while also doing away with the time travel aspect, which wont carry over well to film if you ask me. Also, see Senator Kelly replaced with the Kennedy assassination, ala the Cuban Missile Crisis.

At least that's what I think.
I completely agree and have been thinking this would be the format as well, bypassing time travel for something a little easier to swallow.

I mentioned this in another thread, but they could easily use it as a way to introduce young Jean Grey to the movie. Have her be the conduit to which the vision comes through, maybe as an side effect of her powers awakening/activating.

Time travel just opens up too many unnecessary doors and questions that may be too big to answer in just one simple movie.