View Single Post
Old 08-02-2012, 03:49 PM   #100
ALP
In The Mountains

Default Re: Who was your FAVORITE Couple within the Series?

Quote:
Originally Posted by HolyPurpleSocks View Post
Bruce and Alfred.

Scenes in TDKR had me choked up far more than any romantic one did in the entire series. Plus, these two loved one another from the very day Wayne was born.
Couldn't agree more. Alfred/Bruce FTW.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CJ View Post
Selina Kyle is winning?

I'll take Rachel Dawes over her anyday. Rachel taught Bruce the difference between justice and revenge, he longed to be with her since childhood, she was the one hope he had past Batman, her death shook him to the core, changing him into a recluse, and the two characters had two whole movies to develop a believable relationship together, where we, the viewer, became invested in the two and wanted to see them together.

Selina was just some tart in a tight suit, who stole his dead mother's jewelry, despised him entirely, left Bruce to die at the hands of Bane, hardly shared any scenes with him, and despite all of this, for some reason, at the end of the movie she asks him to "runaway with her" and in the end, we're led to believe they get married and live happily ever after. (There's something to add to the "Unintentionally funny Moments" thread..)

Bruce/Rachel FTW.
Hathaway was great as Catwoman but for me, the "romance" felt undone. Like all of your examples illustrate. The character simply wasn't fleshed out enough and written enough as a love interest to really believe that she's the one who would end up living happily after with Bruce Wayne.

"We want to see the newest things. That is because we want to see the future, even if only momentarily. It is the moment in which, even if we don't completely understand what we have glimpsed, we are nonetheless touched by it. This is what we have come to call art." -Takashi Murakami

God has a name...and it is CHRISTOPHER NOLAN
ALP is offline   Reply With Quote