View Single Post
Old 08-03-2012, 05:11 AM   #93
X-Maniac
High Evolutionary

Default Re: Actors from original trilogy on First Class sequel with Days of Future Past

Quote:
Originally Posted by def28 View Post
I dont see how Vaughns "only one new character" is gonna work. This films gonna have quite a few new characters and mutants running around. Maybe not as main characters, but alot of mutants are gonna be needed. I would suspect they want to show other mutants in camps/being hunted besides the X Men.

I hope Rogue either gets an update or stays away from this flick. Would like to actually see her kick some ass one day, same with Iceman. Didnt like their previous film versions too much.

Since Beast is in the flick regardless. Id be cool with him being one of the dead X Men in the future.
Cramming loads of characters into this production could create a hot mess. We know from the experience of X3, XMO: Wolverine (and even First Class) that there are characters who could/should have been cut.

I enjoy seeing cameos and acknowledgements of the comics' extensive mythos, but the wider fanbase seems to get frustrated by it.

So they have to tread carefully here. Especially if this is just one two-hour movie, not a two-parter.

If they are going to add in well-known characters, those characters need at least one good 'moment' and ideally some decent screentime and development. A background glimpse will just cause frustration.