View Single Post
Old 08-03-2012, 09:53 PM   #36
kvz5
HBIC

Default Re: Marion Cotillard as Miranda Tate VII (Team Frenchie Edition) - Part 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmc View Post
It's funny you say that, essentially what I took away from Begins was that Ra's was being genuine and that he and Bruce were cut from the same cloth, both brought to the LoS by personal tragedy and injustice. You can make the argument about the whole 'theatricality and deception' thing which is fine in my book, it was open to interpretation, until Rises solidified the question, which to me is the biggest shame of the movie. Essentially for people like me Begins is no longer open to interpretation, it's black and white thanks to TDKR, and that is one of my biggest gripes with Rises is that how I've viewed Begins for the last 7 years is now wrong. Up until 2 weeks ago in my mind Ra's didn't have a family, the LoS was dead, there was a genuine brothers in arms feeling between the two, now all that is gone and I'll never be able to watch Begins the same way again.
Yeah I hear ya. There are actually a lot of BB scenes that were kinda ruined for me because of TDKR. I can't even look at my favorite scene of Bruce being engulfed by the bats in the cave without thinking that someone else who doesn't even have a remote emotional connection to bats will have the exact same scene in TDKR.

FWIW I still like to think that Ra's genuinely cared for Bruce and he looked at him as his own son. He doesn't seem to have a good relationship with Talia anyway. Heck Ra's might've favored Bruce over Talia to take over his throne which I'm sure royally pissed Talia off. I think I would just conveniently forget some of the stuff for TDKR so it doesn't completely ruin BB and TDK for me.

kvz5 is offline   Reply With Quote