View Single Post
Old 08-03-2012, 10:30 PM   #162
FlawlessVictory
Side-Kick

Default Re: Can Batman escape the "Third Act Curse"?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLH View Post
As of right now, Batman has the best superhero trilogy in existence, and one of the best cinematic trilogies of all-time, to his name. Anyone who would dispute this has a long, difficult fight ahead of them.

The Avengers franchise, however, still has to deliver two more movies with no real missteps to even enter the talk with Batman. And that's an EXTREMELY difficult task it has ahead of itself.

So yeah, Avengers wins the box office battle with a 3D boost and no tragedy. And you know what, it probably would have won anyway (I'm not going to fool myself), but people need to stop making it out like it's some huge victory.

In the end, the quality of the movies is what endures and what people remember. TDK Trilogy is destined to be a classic. Can't say the same for The Avengers... yet.
Agreed. The Avengers is fantastic but lets see where the quality of The Avengers franchise is when it reaches its third film. And the fact that it takes an all-star lineup of superheroes to compare to this Batman franchise speaks volumes to the quality and success of this franchise.

And it becomes tricky now with The Avengers franchise because its doubtful you will be able to just sit and watch The Avengers 1-3 and have it be completely cohesive. Other Marvel single franchise films will occur in between The Avengers films filling in the story in some way. So it won't be a trilogy in its truest sense. Same goes with Iron Man 3 but I felt that franchise already had a slight misstep in quality with Iron Man 2 (still a good film though).

This Batman franchise is without question one of the greatest trilogies ever made in cinema.

FlawlessVictory is offline   Reply With Quote