View Single Post
Old 08-04-2012, 04:39 AM   #51
jmc
callin' it like I see it

Default Re: Marion Cotillard as Miranda Tate VIII (Team Frenchie Edition)

Truth is, even if we knew the twist was potentially coming it was Nolan's job to ensure it also meant something for us as fans. The audience may have gasped but we didn't, we didn't get the same experience, but we needed something out of it as well. We may have known Harvey Dent was going to be Two-Face but we were made to care about the character, and when he was scarred it sucked, when he died it was tragic, it all meant something even though his fate was sealed. We have no reason to care for Talia and hope she didn't turn against Bruce in this film, they have no relationship, they have no connection, she is little more than a one night stand. Was the 'twist' bad? Yes, because there wasn't something in it for everybody. Everyone who says the general audience loved it ask yourself this, did you really get anything out of it? From what I've read people are just happy Talia is in the film, why is beyond me.

Fanboys make excuses, real fans acknowledge screw-ups.

Do me a favour - don't break up my posts into multiple quotes when replying, I won't answer back.
jmc is offline   Reply With Quote