View Single Post
Old 08-04-2012, 09:56 PM   #87
hopefuldreamer
Bangarang!

Default Re: What's So Bad About Superman Returns?

I wish I could go back to my teen years, when I first saw SR. I loved the film back then. I came out of the cinema on cloud 9.

Thing is, I keep trying to pin point what it is I was so happy about.

Here's my attempt at remembering:

1. I had a teen girl crush on Brandon Routh. I was much more into pretty guys than gruff guys back then, and he had such lovely eyes and soft features.

2. The plane scene was awesome. As was the bullet to the eye shot.

3. I kind of love hero beat down scenes, and it had a heck of a good one. I also think that one scene is the only one in the movie where Lex actually felt like the Lex Luthor I know and love, especially the line 'Now fly'.

4. It did have some gorgeous shots, like Superman flying up through the clouds and bathing in the direct sunlight. Or him floating in space.

The problem is, the more I watched it, the more the downsides started to grate on me. And now they've become so big, that I just can't enjoy the film much anymore

I think back to my father. As a farmer, he had a natural understanding for the Earth. I remember him telling me this world is capable of providing for all its creatures. Even now, with so many more people, there exists enough food for everyone.

"The problem," Pa used to say, "is people. As far back as we go, we've always had problems with sharing. Seems everyone's too busy holding on to what they've got to care how their neighbors are doing."

*\S/T*
hopefuldreamer is offline   Reply With Quote