View Single Post
Old 08-04-2012, 09:05 PM   #85
jmc
callin' it like I see it

Default Re: Marion Cotillard as Miranda Tate VIII (Team Frenchie Edition)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baneis8feettall View Post
Characterization was weak not the twist, some of you guys are overkilling it. Like it was predictable,boring or unnecessary etc.
Well it is predictable and unnecessary if it's not executed in a way that makes us give a damn about the character, so yes it is a weak twist because there isn't something in there for everyone. I bring up the Harvey Dent comparison again. Even though we knew of Dent's fate it sucked when it happened because he was the driving force of the story, it mattered because the best person of the three in Batman, Gordon and Dent was the one who lost. If Talia turning on Bruce was also a foregone conclusion it needed to cut us as deeply as it was 'meant' to cut Bruce. But it doesn't, the character is so under developed that her 'turn' is emotionally empty, the ones who seem to be ok with and justifying it's presence are the ones who come across as simply wanting Talia to be in the movie. I've never understood the desire for this character in this series, especially when this film proves she works best when her father is alive.

Fanboys make excuses, real fans acknowledge screw-ups.

Do me a favour - don't break up my posts into multiple quotes when replying, I won't answer back.

Last edited by jmc; 08-04-2012 at 09:08 PM.
jmc is offline   Reply With Quote