View Single Post
Old 08-04-2012, 10:34 PM   #121
hopefuldreamer
Bangarang!

Default Re: The ultimate goal of Man Of Steel and what it means to be Superman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skrilla31 View Post
Lol, depends on which era of Superman your powers are drawn from. You might be truly invincible or you might just be kinda invincible. But assuming you were truly invincible and that you could not be hurt, no one is really gonna "chase" you because I'm sure they'd all be too scared to confront you in the first place.

And furthermore, would you use your powers the same way Clark chooses to? To serve and protect? Or would you just bottle it up and cast it aside... assuming of course you have it in you not to go the "Zod" route.
No, they wouldn't be too scared to chase you, that's not how it works unfortunately.

The more afraid they were, the bigger guns/exposives they'd use, and the harder they'd try to kill you. Simple as that.

And in what interpretation of Superman is he completely invincible?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skrilla31 View Post
Well I agree and disagree. I guess it's kind of a little bit of both. Perhaps the two of us just decide to interpret the character differently. And yet even though the two of us stand on different sides of the spectrum, it goes to show you that a Superman movie can be inherently interesting and that contrary to the belief that he's just a big blue boyscout... he's actually one of the more complex heroes around.

So again, even if we agree to disagree... I hope the film gets this all across in some way or another. One can only hope, right?
I'm fully aware of how interesting a Superman movie can be, and I too hope they show a lot of what I said.

Of course, from everything i've seen/read, it seems like what i've said is EXACTLY what we are getting.

An agressive reaction from the military to Superman's presence.

I think back to my father. As a farmer, he had a natural understanding for the Earth. I remember him telling me this world is capable of providing for all its creatures. Even now, with so many more people, there exists enough food for everyone.

"The problem," Pa used to say, "is people. As far back as we go, we've always had problems with sharing. Seems everyone's too busy holding on to what they've got to care how their neighbors are doing."

*\S/T*
hopefuldreamer is offline   Reply With Quote