View Single Post
Old 08-05-2012, 10:57 PM   #95
Bruce_Begins
I am still Green Goblin

Default Re: What's So Bad About Superman Returns?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DogofKrypton View Post
Actually, the REAL reason why you aren't including either of the "Iron Man" movies is because their box-offices DESTROYED SR's. And sorry, you're not allowed to selectively exclude something that makes your point invalid.
No, it doesn't as I have already explained, Iron man's success can be attributed to skills and presence of Robert Downey Jr. without him (Say, imagine Colin Farrell as Tony Stark /Iron Man then the movie would not be as successful, of course this is mere speculation on my part but that stems from the fact that Iron Man is a B-List Marvel character and most of Colin Farrell's movies have not done well at Box Office.)

Comparing movies that are already established as Successful franchises and getting sequels like Iron Man 2, Spider-Man 3 and X-men 3 to a franchise like Superman Returns which was coming back to big screens after a period of 19 years and after the last two attempts that bombed (Superman 3, Superman 4) is not fair.

And why compare 300 with SR ? that is not a superhero movie, it is more like a war movie based on a GN.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DogofKrypton View Post
What both of you above are conveniently leaving out is, SR WAS released in IMAX 3-D too. So your excuses regarding "THOR" are ALSO invalid.
Oh, come on, SR was in IMAX 3D in only IMAX theaters and Thor was released worldwide in mostly 3D format around the world. (some theaters had 2D Thor but they were a small percentage)

and only 20 minutes of SR was in 3D (at IMAX) not the whole movie. and THOR was also shown in IMAX 3D format in addition to regular theater 3D format.

source

SR was not as big of a disappointment as you are making it out to be, was that sufficient ? NO, but it was an OK performance, it will not get a sequel, and I am fine with that.

*\S/T*

Last edited by Bruce_Begins; 08-05-2012 at 11:09 PM.
Bruce_Begins is offline   Reply With Quote