View Single Post
Old 08-06-2012, 12:46 AM   #134
Bruce Malone
Side-Kick

Default Re: The Batsuit Master Thread - Part 2

On a side note to the costume debate it was actually bill finger not bob kane who came up with batman's look. As mentioned previously kane actually wanted batman in a bright red costume it was finger who came up with the darker black look.

It is also criminal how bill finger who had as much if not more influence in creating batman than bob kane is almost never recognized.

From bob kane's book:

Quote:
One day I called Bill (Finger) and said, "I have a new character called the Bat-Man and I've made some crude, elementary sketches I'd like you to look at." He came over and I showed him the drawings. At the time, I only had a small domino mask, like the one Robin later wore, on Batman's face. Bill said, "Why not make him look more like a bat and put a hood on him, and take the eyeballs out and just put slits for eyes to make him look more mysterious?" At this point, the Bat-Man wore a red union suit; the wings, trunks, and mask were black. I thought that red and black would be a good combination. Bill said that the costume was too bright: "Color it dark gray to make it look more ominous."