View Single Post
Old 08-06-2012, 06:32 PM   #17
Captain Marvel
SHAZAM!

Default Re: Fantastic Four reborn! - Part 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by babykhris View Post
Getting the rights back isn't about using them it's about FOX not being able to use them.

Let's say FOX lost the rights to Deadpool, Apocalypse, and let's say 30 other mutants that shorten the chances of bad X-Men spin offs.

I don't see Marvel launching it's own X-Universe, but like I said with the FF rights if you take some of the top character rights away where could FOX go?
Besides Dr. Doom where can the FF go?
It'd also limit the odds of good X-Men movies. What would be the point? Both studios are in the business of making money. Why would they come to a deal so that neither of them can make money?

Personally I think Fox should work out some deal to get everything they're still missing from the X-Universe lock, stock, and barrel and just focus on that and forget FF and Daredevil. They should be thinking more X-Men prequels, X-Men 4 & 5, X-Factor, X-Force, and maybe even concurrent modern day X-Men movies (which they could title Astonishing X-Men and Uncanny X-Men, with Cyclops leading one team and Storm leading another). The X-Universe is plenty big enough to sustain an entire universe, so focus on that, and to hell with the FF and Daredevil.

As for Scarlet Witch, she should be in the X-Universe. All she's ever done as an Avenger was marry a walking vibrator and play the catalyst in the crappy Avengers Disassembled, which'll never be seen on screen anyway. I'd prefer to see that family relation playing out. Not to mention that, while Quicksilver also has a long association with the Avengers, he's also had a long association with the Mutant universe, too, including membership in X-Factor and his actions after M-Day. Their being mutants is an important element of their characters, and it'd suck to see that eliminated by having them in the MCU. Ship them and Cable off to Fox and trade them for the rest of the FF rights.