View Single Post
Old 08-06-2012, 05:48 PM   #27
Duran Man
The Seventh Stranger

Default Re: Fantastic Four reborn! - Part 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Marvel View Post
It'd also limit the odds of good X-Men movies. What would be the point? Both studios are in the business of making money. Why would they come to a deal so that neither of them can make money?

Personally I think Fox should work out some deal to get everything they're still missing from the X-Universe lock, stock, and barrel and just focus on that and forget FF and Daredevil. They should be thinking more X-Men prequels, X-Men 4 & 5, X-Factor, X-Force, and maybe even concurrent modern day X-Men movies (which they could title Astonishing X-Men and Uncanny X-Men, with Cyclops leading one team and Storm leading another). The X-Universe is plenty big enough to sustain an entire universe, so focus on that, and to hell with the FF and Daredevil.

As for Scarlet Witch, she should be in the X-Universe. All she's ever done as an Avenger was marry a walking vibrator and play the catalyst in the crappy Avengers Disassembled, which'll never be seen on screen anyway. I'd prefer to see that family relation playing out. Not to mention that, while Quicksilver also has a long association with the Avengers, he's also had a long association with the Mutant universe, too, including membership in X-Factor and his actions after M-Day. Their being mutants is an important element of their characters, and it'd suck to see that eliminated by having them in the MCU. Ship them and Cable off to Fox and trade them for the rest of the FF rights.
I agree 100%! I've thought this for years that with the X-Men alone, Fox has its own MCU, so they should put all of their time, money, and resources into making X-Men movies. FF and DD wouldn't fit well into that kind of set-up, so they're better off letting them go.