View Single Post
Old 08-07-2012, 06:25 PM   #117
AvengeME
Banned User

Default Re: Fantastic Four reborn! - Part 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by spideymouse View Post
Well, you're right and wrong about Universal. They did the distribution for TIH in 2008 in a similar way Paramount did for the other MCU movies.

Good point about the C-list characters; this whole time we have been working under the assumption that Marvel Studios wouldn't have FF at their disposal to introduce BP or Namor (and so we've been defaulting to solo movies or Avengers introductions), but it's definitely been exciting to even open up the FF conversation, even if it won't happen!
No. The point being Universal settled on the distribution deal because Hulk was a failure for them. Fox could do the same, knowing the end result of RotSS.

I just don't see that happening. Fox isn't going to just hand it over after a couple of years. Something needs to be worked out. This wheeling and dealing for certain characters doesn't fly for me. For one, Marvel is asking for way too much, and if they made that offer to me as an owner of FF, I would have laughed at them.

But Marvel has a reputation of low balling so I am not surprised. They are going to have lower their asking price if they want FF and/or related characters. If I am Fox, I would gladly let DD revert than take anything close to a deal like that.