View Single Post
Old 08-07-2012, 08:20 PM   #171
Saint
The Devil's Robot

Default Re: The Batsuit Master Thread - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by BatScot View Post
Hmm...

... that’s the cover and last page of the Jan ‘11 issue, clearly something that is relevant to the “modern discussion”. Perhaps it is true that when Batman is meant to be black, he is rendered as such, and when he is meant to be blue, he is rendered as such... it’s just not necessary anymore that he be rendered consistently within the same comic.
You mean on the cover, which was coloured by a different individual? The cover is a David Finch painting. The interior is coloured by Alex Sinclair, explaining the inconsistency.

Quote:
Nice jacket the Penguin is wearing, by the way.
People do wear blue suits, you know.

I'm sure you could find another example of inconsistency, but it wouldn't change much. I'm sure there are exceptions to the rule--comics are nothing if not inconsistent--but it doesn't really refute the rule. And if you want to play Art War, for every inconsistency you find I'll just raise you one of these:

Quote:
I see, so only the parts of "Kane's opinion" that fit the argument are irrelevant.
Uh, yes, actually, that's correct. I'm not sure what the alternative would be. Declaring ideas not pertinent to the discussion irrelevant? Declaring ideas that are still relevant as irrelevant?

Also? Hilarious this, hilarious that, I win and you lose.