View Single Post
Old 08-10-2012, 08:10 AM   #99
Lord
All Mighty

Default Re: Disney/Marvel & ABC working on Avengers spin-off tv show?

Quote:
Originally Posted by spideyboy_1111 View Post
I've really been thinking... and kinda hoping. With "Item 47" coming out on the avengers dvd next month, and it telling a story of average citizen essentially becoming villains robbing banks with the chitari tech.. a great theme to explore. I wonder if this is a "test" for a precursor for a television series?

1) Lizzy Kaplan is to great and fun of an actress to waste

2) it's sorta taking a theme we have never seen in a film or television show ... it's showing the POV of a civilian in this "super" world. Much like the acclaimed book "MARVELS" did...

I think this would be genius because you really wouldn't have to worry too much about getting the heroes from a show to be in a movie, it'd be a great way to introduce lesser known heroes, it'd also be a great way to merge the worlds together... (if sony agreed, or if it matters because it's on tv and not film) maybe call the film "The Bugle" or "Front Line" or just simply "Marvels" it'd be a great way to handle a lot of things from damage control, to marvel's top reporters, etc...

i think it'd be pretty brilliant. And Joss would do wonders with writting a show like that.
I've actually been thinking for some years now that i would like to see a tv show called Marvel or Marvels set during the golden age when the heroes first started to appear, sort of Mad Men meets Heroes, with Phill Sheldon as the main character.

A scene like this on a tv show would be reall cool

To have the Torch work on a tv budget they could make him human most of the times and not use too much of his flames so as to not burn his clothes. The golden age also had a lot of street crime fighters and this could be explored.

Plenty of male-led action films fail, yet the actors' gender is not blamed. Why should it be different for women? Especially since far more male-led action films are made than female-led action films?