View Single Post
Old 08-10-2012, 01:17 PM   #117
spideyboy_1111
Young Avenger

Default Re: Disney/Marvel & ABC working on Avengers spin-off tv show?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joeyjojo72 View Post
(a previous post)

Im still holding out hope for AKA Jessica Jones. Its a procedural (shes a p.i.), its a good way to intro luke cage and/or HfH, and you can test out various marvel b listers on a weekly basis. Plus you have the big names as backdrop.

For the casual/non fan, a detective show is easy to get into. And the limited series is a great template for a pilot and the first few episodes.

Plus, Joss Whedon could run a show like this in his sleep. He may want to do something a bit more challenging though. To me it seems like a no-brainer.

Casting the lead is critical of course. Someone of Eliza Dushku's "caliber" wouldnt cut it. JJ is pretty much defined by her attitude/personality rather than her generic, seldom-used powers.
I agree, I think this show is going to be far more "down to earth" and Jessica and mostly civilian supporting cast would be perfect.

I also wonder if since this is Television and not Film, if they can cut some corners with other studio properties even if it's in the Avengers universe... like could Phil Urich show up? J. Jonah Jameson?

we'd surely see Kat Ferril I'd assume

DING DONG DOMA IS DEAD and PROP 8 has been slayed June 26th, 2013
[=]