View Single Post
Old 08-10-2012, 02:38 PM   #17
xeno000
Raining hell from above

Default Re: ABC/Marvel Avengers Themed Live Action Show

Quote:
Originally Posted by Webhead2006 View Post
Would be nice but I can't see joss commiting for super long term deals. When he likely has other projects and thing he want to do. Being a director/writer is less time consuming and allows him to do other things.

Also you can't really blame jessica jones not getting picked up on loeb. That was more abc call on passing just like fox passed on a punisher show.

And as for loeb I still don't think he is all bad. I get why folks don't like him and the issues with usm show. But just cause one show under him didn't turn out good. Doesn't mean everrything he will do will be bad. No one is 100% perfect.

Whedon's role could be more of a guiding force rather than a hands-on, day-to-day show runner/producer. It might be good to have someone in place who can give the people working on show development an overarching plan, a framework to structure their efforts. Whedon knows what will and won't work on the small screen, so he can quickly single out the properties they should concentrate on and give them concrete ideas about the tone they should take with each one.

With the Jones show, Loeb had the task of hiring a writer and staff for it and getting the project into a form that ABC felt comfortable moving forward with. From what I've read, the writer he hired crapped out and didn't deliver the goods. That's on him, IMO, because he should have chosen someone who could handle the assignment.

It isn't just Loeb's handling of USM and Marvel Animation that I take issue with. He also had a lot to do with the destruction of the show Heroes a few years back. While that debacle wasn't entirely Loeb's fault he deservedly gets much of the blame for it since he was co-executive producer and a writer on the show.

xeno000 is offline   Reply With Quote