View Single Post
Old 08-11-2012, 09:05 PM   #79
RachelDawes
Gotham Attorney

Default Re: The Official Rate/Review Thread for TDKR (TAG SPOILERS!!!) - Part 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frodo View Post
Well, while I can except the arguement that he would be pressumed killed for the purposes of the film , I can agree that , that plot point is kindy reaching. Odviously during coupe's and revolutions many rich people have been executed or disappeared by fighters or secret police and they're bodies are never found , or their bodies are found in mass graves like 30 years later. In that sense ,It's not out of the realm of possibility .

Missing people are pressumed dead quite often , I.e. Jimmy Hoffa , without a body or even valid evidence a crime was committed , so its not impossible . There would be conspiracy theories and about him being alive so I don't buy that everyone would just except it , at least not in Gotham .

However, this falls into the category of suspend disbelief , its only a movie. And to be fair he was declared dead in BB without a body. Again, its one of those things in the film that could have been handled a bit better at the end imo, but it doesn't damage the film for me.
Possibly, though Bruce was out of the public eye for almost a decade and other Gothamites nearly as rich and famous as he was undoubtedly disappeared too. The people of Gotham probably have more on their plate than speculating about what happened to an eccentric, semi-retired billionaire anyway.