View Single Post
Old 08-12-2012, 07:59 PM   #123
DogofKrypton
Banned User

Default Re: What's So Bad About Superman Returns?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. View Post
If you look back over Bruce Begins’ original post, you can see that his assessment of SR was quite calm and measured - without hysterics or hyperbole. He said the film was “moderately successful” and had garnered generally good reviews, etc. In terms of box office, specifically, there was no claim that SR was in the same league as Avengers, TDK or Iron Man. But it did favorable compare to other films like BB, Thor, CA, etc. with respect to popularity (number of tickets/units sold) during its theatrical release. Bruce B provided the numbers to support this - and I commented that these numbers (adjusted for inflation) were accurate.
I'll only respond to this part, because all the rest is you talking to hear yourself talk. It's dull.

Anyway, as I have ALREADY addressed twice now, SR had an ADDITIONAL 21 days to get to the "units sold" you keep harping on. The fact that YOU seem to say this doesn't matter in a head-to-head comparison tells me one of two things:

A. You are being contrary just to be contrary.

Or

2. You seriously are unable grasp the simple concept of one movie having a longer period in theaters than the other, and therefore ending up with a higher number.

I am going with A., and I ask that you try less hard to "defend" a film that has been dismissed by pop culture for the last 5 & 1/2 years or so.

DogofKrypton is offline   Reply With Quote