View Single Post
Old 08-13-2012, 01:32 PM   #35
ThePowerCosmic
You are hailing!

Default Re: Powers Display/Action sequences on the sequel

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Maniac View Post
But, still, in First Class he lifted a moving submarine from beneath the ocean and held back nuclear missiles. That is immense power.

If he can hold back an onslaught of nuclear missiles, he sure as hell can hold back an onslaught of Sentinels.

And what looked like a sonic attack in that clip feels a little too reminiscent of Banshee and takes away the uniqueness of Banshee's power, in my view.
It doesn't have to be a sonic attack, just something to keep him down. I wasn't saying that I wanted it to be exactly like that clip, just similar.

The difference is that the submarine and onslaught of nuclear missiles weren't constantly barraging him with attacks as they grouped up on him. To manipulate metal, Magneto has to put some concentration into it, but concentrating would be hard to do when you're constantly getting attacked by Sentinels. Sure he would crush some of them, but eventually they would probably get him down.

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
ThePowerCosmic is offline   Reply With Quote