View Single Post
Old 08-13-2012, 04:06 PM   #20
Artistsean
Monkey Boy

Default Re: Do you think Scott Lang should be saved for an Ant-Man sequel?

Maybe hank has a whole team, Janet Van Dyne, Scott Lang, and Bill Foster too. So that Pym not only has Janet, but a group of friends and supporting cast. Then in later films they become bigger characters. Just like Rhodey in Iron Man 1 and 2 and then 3. Scott becomes the next Ant Man, and Bill becomes the next Goliath/Giant Man.

Added to it:
Quote:
Superman has Jimmy, Lois, Perry. Spider-Man has Aunt May, and sometimes Harry, and MJ or Gwen. Batman has Alfred, and Gordon. Sometimes Blake or Rachel. Green Lantern had Carol Ferris, and his buddy Thomas Kalmaku.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pr0xyt0xin
Stark, Rhodey, Pepper, Happy, J.A.R.V.I.S.
Thor, Sif and the Warriors Three
Captain America, Bucky, and the rest of the Howling Commandos
The AVENGERS :P
Superhero films need a good supporting cast I think.
Quote:
I could totally see them doing something like this:

Scott Lang is an ex con, and father, hired by Pym for his engineer skills.

Bill Foster is a biochemist who used to work at Stark Industries, and an old friend of Pym's.

Janet Van Dyne/Wasp
is the financial backer, her father was rich and left his money to her. She finds science so interesting and and wants to fund it and be there to watch it all, sort of an assistant to Pym. Eventually, in the first movie, she would become his spy partner as well. As the Wasp.

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:

Hank Pym/Ant Man starts out as a lead scientist, and eventually becomes Ant Man. Not sure how, and I don't want to try and guess. I have ideas, like maybe he doesn't feel comfortable with others using his inventions or something. But however it happens Pym, with their aide, invents Pym Particles and the Pym Ant Helmet.

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:

SHIELD agent, Nick Fury or Maria Hill, or some form of SHIELD Agent should also wind up in this film too. Someone to connect Pym to the other films and to the Avengers. Also someone who takes Pym and Janet from a scientist and a rich lady to being super spies.
Bill and Scott would be Rhody and Happy in the Iron Man movies. Not starring parts but important supporting parts for now. Later they can be expanded when Scott becomes Ant Man and Bill becomes Goliath. But in the beginning the stars are Pym and Janet.

Last edited by Artistsean; 08-14-2012 at 03:13 AM.
Artistsean is offline   Reply With Quote