View Single Post
Old 08-15-2012, 12:14 AM   #177
KalMart
239-Bean Irish Chili

Default Re: Can Batman escape the "Third Act Curse"?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex Logan View Post
So what is about the film that you don't like?
I don't want to make it sound I hated things about it, because I really didn't. Mostly, I felt it tried to pack too much in and ended up feeling both rushed and to condensed in a lot of areas. Unlike some who feel that it could have benefited from another 15-20 minutes I felt it could have had more trimming of characters and story elements in writing to give what was left it more breathing room. And it also seemed so intent on 'wrapping up' so neatly that it felt a bit too obliged to keep moving briskly along when it could have then a bit more time to spread its wings in some areas. It didn't make it a bad movie, per se, but there was a sense of a certain 'magic' from the previous two wearing off and that it was just enough time for it to get out with its head still held high....some of which can naturally happen to any third movie after really defining itself over the previous two. And some of the things that we kind of 'let slide' in the other movies like the surplus of verbalized exposition and such started to finally get more burdensome.

Basically, a 7.5/10 for me, with BB being a. 8.5 and TDk a 9-9.5/10. But again, not a bad movie, and it did its job quite well in putting a bow on this series. So I certainly wouldn't NOT recommend anyone seeing it, whereas other movies that I do actually find bad I would strongly suggest against unless it was just killing time on Netflix.

Plus, is the infatuation that teenage girls have with pseudo-vampires any less sad than your infatuation with men in spandex and Heath Ledger? Its probably more justifiable for them. :)

Last edited by KalMart; 08-15-2012 at 12:19 AM.
KalMart is offline   Reply With Quote