View Single Post
Old 08-17-2012, 01:12 AM   #108
pr0xyt0xin
Shaper Savant

Default Re: The Official Rate/Review Thread for TDKR (TAG SPOILERS!!!) - Part 3

The Dark Knight Rises was a good movie. It was not as good as either of its predecessors, but a good movie nonetheless and an acceptable conclusion to the trilogy. Although I do wish it wasn't over as I believe Batman deserves more than three films to do him justice.

I saw it twice in theaters (compared to the 6 times I saw TDK in theaters) and the first time was The Dark Knight marathon in IMAX. I, for one, loved Bane's "autotuned dumptruck" voice and I thought he was a great villain. My favorite scene was the first fight between Batman and Bane, where he breaks Batman's back. Great fight scenes could be seen as the one thing TDK was missing and this movie had 'em.

Other areas of the film were lacking though, in the end, I feel that TDKR played too heavily off of the success of TDK. In other words, too similar. There were a few cliches, (Batman escaping the blast radius of an atom bomb, Tate's reveal as a villain), and I hated the way they killed off Bane.

The main thing that bugs me though, as I have said previously, is that three movies does not do Batman justice. I understand the idea of "Beginning, Middle, End" but Batman's "Middle" is far longer than just one film. I give the movie an 8/10. While it did every thing it needed to to be a good movie, it did not wow me the way I hoped.

pr0xyt0xin is offline   Reply With Quote