View Single Post
Old 08-20-2012, 12:02 AM   #57
#1nolanfan
Side-Kick

Default Re: Anne Hathaway as Selina Kyle/Catwoman XXXIII

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnneFan View Post
I wonder what would've happened if Bruce didn't attend the masked ball and interject during Selina's dance? Perhaps the old guy took Selina back to his lavish house for some funky time, Selina steals his wife's (who's over in Ibiza) diamonds and then leaves the guy all alone.
I think that's another reason why she decided to steal Bruce's car. Not only did he take the pearl necklace back, but he ruined her plans for the night. Plus it seemed like he really pissed her off a lot which he seemed to really enjoy, so she wanted some revenge. The constant outsmarting, tense flirting, and who's better at the chase while they probably don't even realize it. God I loved the whole scene and chemistry. I'm still pissed that she lead him to Bane's trap even if she didn't know that he was Bruce, but I'm glad she learned from her mistake and knew she couldn't leave him again. It was the turning point for her character.

I really don't think she would have gone back to stealing even if Bruce had died. She clearly had develop feelings for him before he went off with the bomb, and I think she would have felt that she would be betraying his trust once again if she went back to her career as a criminal especially since he had already given her the clean state. Like she said she did what she had to in order to survive, but it's not what she truly wants to do. Bruce sees this and knows that. Just look how pissed off and desperate she is when Daggett lies to her about it not exsisting. Is it just me or did she look like she was getting teary on the rooftop when she had the gun to his face? Bruce might have been watching this as well. I think she's always wanted to help people, but never has the resources or anything like what Bruce has. This Selina Kyle isn't a thrill seeker like in the comics, but still very much alike that one.